The date and time for your Presentation is published in the iPlanner.
To enable smooth proceedings, kindly adhere to the guidelines below.
Prepare and save your presentation on a USB memory stick (and as a backup, a 2nd USB memory stick or a laptop) and bring these with you to the Session Room on the day of the Meeting. Label the materials with your name, session name, date and presentation name.
If you have a 15 min slot, please prepare a presentation of 11-12 min to allow 3-4 min for follow-up questions.
If you have a 30 min slot, please prepare a presentation of 23-25 min to allow 5-7 min for follow-up questions.
*Be respectful! You will be stopped by the chair if you go over your allotted time.
- Please use Microsoft PowerPoint (*.ppt or *.pptx) or Adobe PDF to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC / Apple Desktop. If you use MS PowerPoint, we recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using .ppt or pptx-format and not .pps
- All presentations will be presented in 16:9. A 4:3 ratio is possible as well.
- Please use high contrast lettering and fonts with a minimum size of 32pt and high contrast layouts like light text on dark colours. Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows 10 will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- We recommend you make your slides as concise as possible by keeping texts short and avoiding too many bullet points.
- Please note that there will be NO overhead projectors or slide projectors in any of the session rooms.
Pictures and video
- Save the picture you want to use as a JPG or PNG and set compression / quality to medium or high. (Avoid saving your pictures as TIF files, especially MAC presentations).
- Because of the many different video formats, support cannot be guaranteed for embedded videos in your presentation.
- Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment will not be accepted.
- Save the pictures / videos used in your presentation also separately on USB memory stick. In case of problems we can show the original items.
- In a general manner, be careful to respect authors’ rights and persons’ anonymity.
Day of your presentation
Be in the session room at least 15 minutes before the session starts to upload your presentation, meet the chair of the session and familiarize yourself with the equipment in the session room.
Technical staff will be present to assist you.
The meeting room is equipped with the following items:
- Video projector
- Lectern with microphone
- Confidence Monitor
- Remote control & laser pointer for presentation
Please make sure that you are registered to IVIS. All information regarding registration can be found here: https://iuis2022.org/registration.
Should you wish to withdraw your abstract or inform us of a presenter change, please contact us any time at: email@example.com.